Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Can stress cause your teeth to break?

I've always had decent teeth - but recently have broken not just one - but two teeth. I'm 43 years old and have had an extreme amount of stress lately. Could that have an affect on my teeth? Is there anything I can do for my teeth during this time? (I don't expect my stress level to go down anytime too soon lol)

Can stress cause your teeth to break?
I don't think that stress can cause you to break your teeth. Stress can cause you to clinch and grind your teeth and if you had cracks in your teeth then the grinding can cause them to break. If you have been waking up in the morning with jaw pain and it hurts to open really wide then you are grinding your teeth when you sleep. You may want to have a night guard made so you can grind on that and not your teeth. Good luck and I hope that your stress level goes down.
Reply:i think the best thing to do now is see ur dentist. i dont think stress is the cause of ur teeth breaking. maybe u dnt have a lot of calcium deposits... try taking in a lot of milk. maybe u lack a lot of vitamins... does ur family have a history of brittle teeth?


that myt be it also.. check with a dentist. i hope this helped!




hotels reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment