Sunday, August 2, 2009

Is gland swelling normal for wisdom teeth extraction?

Hi, I had 3 wisdom teeth removed on 4/1. They were able to remove the teeth intact without cutting my gums or breaking the teeth. I know some swelling is normal, but I'm having slight pain on the glands under my ears. Is this normal? Mainly, the glands feel swollen, but I have no temperature and the clots are still in place. On one side, the clot looks black like it was blood and on the other side, the clot looks greyish. Just want to be sure nothing is wrong and this is normal. I didn't start smoking til later yesterday and the clots are still in place. I've been using a heating pad to help with the slight swelling feel.

Is gland swelling normal for wisdom teeth extraction?
Swelling of the glands means there is an infection somewhere. It may just go away in a day or two. Our glands are designed to collect the by products of infections. That is why when you have a sore throat, your glands will swell sometimes. Just take some pain pills and if it doesn't go away in a couple of days, call your dentist.
Reply:Yes that is normal wait a week and it should go down, if not go to the dr



office supply

No comments:

Post a Comment