Friday, July 31, 2009

I am terrified of the dentist!! I've broken a tooth!!!?

The one dentist I've trusted for 20 years retired--he was used to me passing out in his chair!! I've not been to a dentist in 5 years and 2 weeks ago I broke a tooth--it's in the back and doesn't hurt so I'm not real concerned now--but I know down the road it's gonna hurt. So how do I go about finding a new dentist who's going to understand I have a complete phobia about dentists--I know this sounds silly but I almost pass out in the parking lot, the smell of the building makes me nauseous!!! The sad part is---I work for an orthopedist!!! yeah I can hear the noises--so long as they aren't in my head!!! And it seems like the Hygienist has a vendetta against me--with her pointy tools and my gums!!! LOL!!!

I am terrified of the dentist!! I've broken a tooth!!!?
Check with area/closest dental schools to see if they have a fear clinic. If you are not close to one, see if they can recommend a dentist in your area. If both of those fail, try calling dental offices to see if the dentist is willing to talk to you before scheduling. If he/she is willing to talk, that's a step in the right direction. Next, explain your situation.


I've had lots of people in your shoes and have managed to keep !00% of them from passing out or otherwise coming unglued. It takes time and understanding. I hope you can find someone who's both.


Good Luck



Java and C++

No comments:

Post a Comment